Hi friends! I hope you had an amazing weekend! We had a great one, but it flew by so quickly!
I don't know about you, but anytime we return home from traveling, I always crave big wholesome salads! My body misses the non-stop veggie stream of nourishment it usually receives when I’m home and in control of my diet. So when we got back from our New York trip last week, the first thing I added to our meal plan was this big Mexican salad.
It's super healthy, filling and fresh~ which is just what we needed after a week's worth indulgence. I’m seriously in love with this salad, it's super simple, fast and loaded with super foods!
I made this the other night for our friend's Mexican Independence Day party, and it was so so good! Although it’s delicious as is, if you'd like to add a little more crunch, you can eat it with tostadas or along-side chips.
I hope you love this salad as much as we have!
WHOLESOME MEXICAN QUINOA SALAD
3 cup cooked quinoa (red or white)
1 cup cooked black beans
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 ripe avocado, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or torn
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 Jalapeno, charred, seeded, diced
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Knorr Chicken seasoning
1 Cup Grilled Chicken, seasoned with: cumin, paprika, salt & pepper
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1. Begin preparing quinoa by thoroughly rinsing quinoa in a fine mesh strainer, then bringing to a boil with 4 cups of water and knorr chicken seasoning in a large saucepan. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook on low for 15-20.
2. Next, season chicken breast with 1/8 teaspoon of cumin, paprika and pinch of salt & pepper. Then grill on medium heat for four minutes then cover and reduce heat until chicken is completely cooked.
3. Meanwhile, prepare salad ingredients by chopping vegetables, charring the Jalapeno and warming the black beans.
4. Strain quinoa and place in a large serving bowl.
5. Then chop the grilled chicken and add to the bowl of quinoa.
6. Add all the chopped ingredients to the bowl and squeeze the juice of lime over the salad. Mix thoroughly and season with salt to taste.