This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NoBabyUnhuggedCB #CollectiveBias
I know you've heard me say that this is the most wonderful time of the year, and I truly believe that, but it can also be a time when people feel entitled to things and lose focus on the true meaning & spirit of the season. That's why, I think it's so important that we make time in our busy schedules to serve others and encourage our children to spend more time thinking of how to bless others and being extra mindful of others' needs. Keep reading to find out some easy things we can all do to help spread the holiday cheer!
1. Be an "Elf". Our girls think being an "elf" is the best thing in the world. We do this by grabbing a couple treats & goodies then wrapping them up and leaving it on a neighbor's doorstep. We love doing this anonymously by ringing the bell and running away as fast as possible. This is such a simple & fun way to get the service "ball" rolling with your family!
2. Make holiday art. We love to draw and color around here, so we always have an over-abundance of art that we can put to good use & deliver to a local assisted living facility. The colorful creations are very much appreciated by the residents and it’s a sweet way to brighten someone's day!
3. Make homemade letters/cards. It's so easy to spend the morning making cards for local heroes (ie. firefighters, police officers, and librarians) and delivering them to thank them for their service!
4. Bake some good. Baking is definitely one of the most delicious ways to serve others, and a personal favorite of mine! Dropping off a plate of goodies to a hospital or precinct is a wonderful way to show appreciation for the many who work through the holidays.
5. Make a donation! There are a million ways to donate & so many great charities to choose from, but I love donating to Huggies during the holidays. Because, for the fourth consecutive year, Huggies and Meijer have teamed up to empower local shoppers to give back & help families in need during the holiday season.
From November 13, 2016 - January 2, 2017, for every pack of Huggies purchased at Meijer will donate $1 & Huggies will donate a day's worth of diapers to the National Diaper Bank Network. In total Meijer will donate up to $10,000 & Huggies will donate up to 150,000 to National Diaper Bank Network through the Huggies No Baby Unhugged program to help babies throughout the Midwest receive the hugs they need in the form of diapers.
My heart breaks a little every time I think about parents having to choose between getting groceries & taking care of their little baby's need (and buying diapers). I love that something as simple as purchasing a package of Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers or Huggies Natural Care Wipes at Meijers can make such a huge difference for a family in need!
Did you know that with the New Huggies Reward App, users can donate their rewards points to the National Diaper Bank and make it that much easier to spread the Holiday Cheer?
How do you positively influence your community and your family during the holidays?